Opioid and Opiate Addiction Treatment Programs
Limestone Health’s comprehensive opioid treatment program (OTP) provides assessments, counseling services, medication-assisted therapy and medication maintenance for individuals with an opioid addiction. Our treatment approach is a well-proven, coordinated and effective method to managing substance use.
Medication-Assisted Opioid Treatment Program
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is the use of medication (Methadone) in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies for the treatment of substance use disorders. These medications offer immediate relief from opioid withdrawal symptoms, enabling you to break your dependence.
At Limestone Health, medications are dispensed on-site in a comfortable, confidential setting, with approved take-home privileges over time. Treatment is provided by a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on individual patient needs.
- All patients must complete a full physical assessment and drug screening upon admission to treatment.
- Drug screenings are performed on a regular basis throughout treatment.
- At the beginning of treatment, your daily medication is administered by a medical professional at the clinic.
- Participation in weekly counseling is also required in the early weeks of recovery. As treatment progresses, take-home medication will be given and visits to the clinic will become less frequent.
- Our medical team will closely monitor the effectiveness of your medication and make adjustments as appropriate.
Behavioral Therapy Options
To provide patients with as much support as possible, we offer individual, group and/or family therapy services to supplement your recovery. Therapy helps to uncover the triggers of addiction and impart effective coping skills. Research has shown that medication-assisted treatment or maintenance is more effective when it includes individual and/or group counseling.